Camp starts on Friday September 28th, and is at Scotts Head Christian Youth Centre (7 Banksia Cres, Scotts Head). We leave Port at 4pm sharp. We'll be departing from The Point Community Church Office (underneath Coles @ Lighthouse Plaza). For those finishing school at 3pm this will mean a busy hour getting ready and dropped off at the church office, but we're unable to push things back any later for the sake of the camp timetable. Feel free to BYO afternoon tea for the trip!
To get to Scotts Head and back we will be driving. All drivers will have their full license (no P-platers will be driving kids without parental consent) as per our Pointy J policy. We won't have enough seats between the leaders and will need some parents to drive, so if you can help with transport, please indicate below (it would be really appreciated!).
For the return trip, we'll arrive back at Lighthouse Plaza at approximately 2:30pm on Monday October 1st.
Our campsite is wonderful with the beach metres from the door. The Youth will be sleeping in secure cabins with ensuite bathrooms. All swimming will be supervised, and we will run through water safety during the camp (please indicate your child's swimming ability below). You can have a look at the accommodation here.
- Bible & Pen
- We can provide bibles to people who don't actually own one, but won't have enough for everyone so please BYO
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Clothes for 4 days/3 nights (Including clothes for cold weather, clothes that can get dirty, and pyjamas)
- Swimming gear (No speedos/bikinis, and both boys and girls are to bring a shirt/rashie to swim in)
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Toiletries (Toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, etc)
- Money for the snack bar (for snacks/drinks during free time etc)
- Skating/Surfing/Beach gear (we will spend time at the beach and there is a skatepark)
- Card or board games (as long as they're compact and portable)
- Snacks for the car trips or any other time you want
- Insect Repellant
Just remember we’re only going away for 4 days and the cars will be packed tight - don't go overboard!
No illegal drugs, cigarettes or alcohol will be permitted on camp. If anyone is seen having these on camp their parent/guardians will be asked to come and pick them up and take them home immediately.